Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What does HRPC do?

A. The Hancock Regional Planning Commission (HRPC) provides professional planning services for the City of Findlay and Hancock County. HRPC is responsible for enforcement of the Hancock County Subdivision Regulations, Lot Splits, Assistance to the Villages and Townships Zoning Codes, Zoning Advisory and City Planning Reviews.

Also provided are professional grant writing services for the cities of Findlay, Fostoria and for Hancock County. This includes administration of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, Economic Development Grants, Revolving Loan Fund Dollars, Review and reporting of the Enterprise Zones and TIF.

Q. How do I do a Lot Split?

A. The Hancock Reginal Planning Commission(HRPC) is the review agency for the City of Findlay and Hancock County's Subdivison Regulations. The division of land into 2 or more parcels, any of which is 5 acres or less is subject to these regualtions.

The basic requirements to obtain approval of a minor lot split are:

Survey/legal description of the land

Approval of the County Board of Health if a septic system is required of City Engineer if lot is outside the City and will have access to City utilities.

Approval of the County Engineer for driveway permit/ditch tile

Original deed to be transferred

Appropriate fee if applicable

The required information shall be dropped off at the HRPC office for review and the applicant/agent will be notified within seven (7) business days regarding the approval of the lot split.

Q. Where do I go for zoning information?

A. City of Findlay Zoning Code

Hancock County Subdivision Regulations

Townships and Villages